In the beginning I signed up for every affiliate program under the sun. If someone sent it to me I signed up, but for some reason I never made it past that point. After working through my goals and direction for BizzieMommy.com I realized it would benefit me to select affiliate programs that related to the topics that I discussed. So I decided to do a reorganization of my affiliate marketing plan.
There are a few things I didn’t like about affiliate marketing.
- I’m not a huge fan of banner ads. I don’t like them, they clutter up your site and they aren’t all that affective.
- I was not interested in marketing product/services that didn’t relate to my interests, which eliminated many of the programs I initially set up.
So now that I’ve narrowed my focus of my blog, it was time to start getting serious. So I turned to Google and found a great article on Blogtrepreneur.com.
- Keep in relevant – Your affiliate ads should enhance, not detract from your site.
- Play favorites – Capitalize on a recommendation you would make anyway
- Consider your audience – You have an idea of what your audience is looking for use it.
- Less is more – avoid cluttering your site with too many ads.
- Play the numbers – Check out the programs performance and rates.
Previously in Adventures in Affiliate Marketing
Next in Adventures in Affiliate Marketing
Adventures in affiliate marketing – Banner Ads